All pictures, images and text copyrighted by Bebe Cook.
(Brenda Nixon Cook)

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Even on a Cloudy Day





Photo taken from the plane as we were leaving Anchorage, I am still buried in photos trying to go through the ones I like and optimize them, finding the right balance of light, color and perspective. I am still very much the amateur and often find myself struggling between what I want to do and what i have the skill to actually do. My husband gave me Aperture 2 for my birthday, and I am waiting to the long weekend to install it and see what it and I can do. I am excited, this weekend I am going to take my camera and go out and photograph bridges, I find myself wanting to stop and photograph the little creeks and waterways that filter through our neighborhood, I have been mentally making a list of the ones I like, and this weekend I am going to ask Rachael if she wants to practice driving, and I am going to take my camera. Killing two birds with one stone. I wrote a poem yesterday, not really a good poem, but a poem, the first in nearly 3 months, and it felt right, like it was time to return to the words. I also sent in 3 poems to the Rattle Poetry Prize competition, my first submission since April, perhaps I am coming out of poetic hibernation. My chapbook An Insatiable Desire for Deja'Vu (special thanks to my husband for giving me the title) has been accepted by Flutter Press, and hopefully will be out in late 2009 or early 2010, it will be my first chapbook, and I am really excited. Thank-you Sandy.

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Brenda,
Just stopping by to see what you've been up to. It's been a bit slow here lately. I just got done printing out copies of Flutter Press' second chapbook by Kenneth Pobo. Thanks for mentioning the press on your blog. I can't wait to start working on your chapbook with you!

Be well,
Sandy

Unknown said...

That is so pretty. And hey, CONGRATS on the chap!!!