



My friend and fellow poet Arlene Ang designed these SIMs 3 characters as a virtual me, I asked for a short fat blond Avatar, the only pictures she had are the few of myself on my facebook page. The bottom photo is of me and my beautiful daughter Rachael. I love being virtual, I believe Arlene made me both prettier and blonder than I actually am, but I am okay with that, I especially love the animal print jogging-suit she dressed me in. Makes me want to buy SIMs 3 for my daughter, but it has been our experience that every time SIMs comes out with a new game version, it requires a bigger, better, faster computer, and frankly Rach wants a car for her 16th birthday, so there will be no SIMs upgrade at the house of Cook. I have been busy and still a bit in seclusion as far as poetry goes, my muse is still frozen, and I have absolutely no desire to unfreeze her, so far I am not worried, which perhaps should give me some pause, but so far I am okay with the status quo. I am however not even submitting, which is something I normally do when I hit a dry spell, but I can not even seem to whoop up some poetic ambition for that, not even my chapbook, which is done and I am mostly happy with. Not sure why, but for now I am gardening, photographing and spending time with my family and friends, perhaps it is just time to charge up my depleted batteries. With God's grace I am feeling groovy.
3 comments:
Brenda,
Those virtual avatars are hilarious. I love the cheetah or leopard print jogging suit and the one of the blond sitting at a computer in her robe. Everyone has a dry spell and I think it's great that you are taking time off to enjoy life and just kick back for a while.
Hugs,
Sandy
Those avatars are brillaint - I think they capture your expression
- yes, love that jogging suit.
And yeah, Brenda, a break from poetry works wonders at times. I am on one myself just now and smelling the roses, literally, got 4 new ones in our garden, Vlad has become a rose-addict! ; )
x
Sandy,
I am recharging my batteries, though the last several days I have been missing writing a bit, perhaps a good sign. I love the jogging suit, I might have to buy myself one and take a real picture, as everytime I see that picture I smile. I owe you a long note, hopefully this week I will get some time, I have been swamped at work, and Rach and I are both undergoing physical therapy, and getting better, just it seems at the end of the day I am brain whupped. Sending you a very big hug.
:) brenda
Liz,
Yes, the avatars are happy things, I am not that pretty, that blonde or that thin, but I do believe that feel like me, and that leopard print maakes me smile. Since Arlene did this, I bought myself a leopard print tank. Enjoy the roses, are there photos? I am not so good with roses, the native Texas ones do well, anything else here gets black spot. Sending you a big hug.
:) brenda
Post a Comment