All pictures, images and text copyrighted by Bebe Cook.
(Brenda Nixon Cook)

Friday, April 10, 2015

Blog Dusting and other forms of Random Information Sharing

It's been over a year since I've dusted the shelves over here at the Art of Breathing, mostly because other forms of random information sharing are easier. Face it, 140 character tweets and responding to Facebooks daily question "What's on your mind?" are easy outs.  I have always preferred direct face to face conversation, talking, for communication (for anyone under 25- talking requires sounds).   Phones are actually equipped with speakers and microphones to facilitate conversation.  As a mother of a twenty-something who  relies on the text as a primary form of communication-I often hear this

"Mom-why did you call?"
 I just wanted to talk you,
"We talked yesterday"
No we texted yesterday, sometimes I like to hear your voice
"Whatever"

At this point, I am wondering why I called.  I find that I prefer meatier forms of communication, letter writing (paper or email), dinner conversations, morning coffee with my husband, long phone calls with my folks, and the blog.  I find that blogging at times a way to communicate with others and frankly more often with myself.   It's the sit down dinner of electronic random information sharing.  I'm tired of  fast food take-out.  Photo of Caddo Lake after heavy rains.  I liked the contrast of the red bench, a spot of bright in a dreary day.  I'm committing myself to post twice a week.  Bring your coffee cup and sit a bit.


Drop me a line in the comment section if you are reading.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I too, have dusted off my blog in search of something more than social media snippets & tweets! I miss reading poetry blogs.

Bebe Cook said...

Susan,

I miss reading poetry blogs too. Will stop by and read yours. I haven't been writing or submitting much the last several years-hoping to change that. Happy National Poetry Month.