All pictures, images and text copyrighted by Bebe Cook.
(Brenda Nixon Cook)

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Four Days Off and Other Reasons to Celebrate



I am home safe in my own cup of universe, myself and those closect to me.  Yesterday the earth shook and cracked under the pressure of a billion lifes, and the ocean responded with fury. Today a nuclear plant catches on fire and I am still safe.  I called my father yesterday, awoke him from slumber to see if the aftershocks of water were crawling up the Alaskan coast.  I found him safe and unaware of the what had transpired while he slept.  Today I am going to spend the day with my daughter and my husband, working together to help her meet an important deadline.  Oddly I am looking forward to it, simply reveling in a sense of togetherness, a common goal.  She is nearly grown, we spend our time planning for the time when she leaves--to begin her solo-chapters---she believes she is ready, I believe she is getting close.   I am going to savor this day, this day of togetherness, this day of family. 

No comments: