This is the photo I am going to use on my bio-page for my chapbook. I hate photos of myself, it seems my own image of me and my actual image of me are vastly differently, on the inside I am thin, blond and have no gap between my front teeth, I also am not quite the goober I am in real life. Not near as klutzy or goofy, sentimental and the inside me doesn't snort when she laughs or burps like a seal or crys everytime she watches Bambi or laughs throughout the entire movie Pulp Fiction. I am getting excited about the book, mostly because I chose poems that were important to me, that goofy, goober, klutzy me that holds the family table-lore record for once laughing so hard that she snorted broccoli out her nose. I am mostly groovy and feeling happy and blessed.
All pictures, images and text copyrighted by Bebe Cook.
(Brenda Nixon Cook)
(Brenda Nixon Cook)
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Bio-Sorta
This is the photo I am going to use on my bio-page for my chapbook. I hate photos of myself, it seems my own image of me and my actual image of me are vastly differently, on the inside I am thin, blond and have no gap between my front teeth, I also am not quite the goober I am in real life. Not near as klutzy or goofy, sentimental and the inside me doesn't snort when she laughs or burps like a seal or crys everytime she watches Bambi or laughs throughout the entire movie Pulp Fiction. I am getting excited about the book, mostly because I chose poems that were important to me, that goofy, goober, klutzy me that holds the family table-lore record for once laughing so hard that she snorted broccoli out her nose. I am mostly groovy and feeling happy and blessed.
This is the photo I am going to use on my bio-page for my chapbook. I hate photos of myself, it seems my own image of me and my actual image of me are vastly differently, on the inside I am thin, blond and have no gap between my front teeth, I also am not quite the goober I am in real life. Not near as klutzy or goofy, sentimental and the inside me doesn't snort when she laughs or burps like a seal or crys everytime she watches Bambi or laughs throughout the entire movie Pulp Fiction. I am getting excited about the book, mostly because I chose poems that were important to me, that goofy, goober, klutzy me that holds the family table-lore record for once laughing so hard that she snorted broccoli out her nose. I am mostly groovy and feeling happy and blessed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
The picture is adorable. And the gap is classic, so I was always told.
Goober? A new word for me. Is it your own?
Hello.
Mimi,
I have always been told the same, but I am not so sure how classic it is, however it is mine, and at this point in my life, I shall keep it. Thank-you for the kind words about my photo, like my gap, I have grown accomosted to my own face. Hope you are well, and getting rain without flooding in Austin.
:) brenda
Hi Rachel,
Welcome to my blog ramblings. Goober--no I can not claim it, it in the strictest sense, an american south word for peanut--in the slang way in which I applied it, it means a slightly goofy, silly, simple minded sort of person. Which sadly most days describes me perfectly. Nice to meet you.
:) brenda
Brenda, love the photo and yes! the gap between the teeth, my gran always told me it was one of the 7 signs of beauty (inside and out ; ))
Funny account...much enjoyed.
Getting my gear ready for Texas. : )
xx
wunderbar.
Post a Comment